International Announcement of Selection for Répétiteurs/Opera Coaches - Opera di ...
International Announcement of Selection for Répétiteurs/Opera Coaches - Opera di Firenze Academy
June 08 - 10, 2017 in Florence (Tuscany), Italy
18 - 30
May 10, 2017
Special Prize:€ 800 per month scholarship to all candidates admitted to the course from November 2017 until June 2018.
In addition, special prizes may be assigned.
Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino/Opera di Firenze and partner musical institutions may offer artistic contracts
Additional prizes may be awarded.
The young artists admitted to the Academy will be awarded a scholarship equal to €800 per month and admitted to the course, which will take place from November 2017 through June 2018, with the possibility of an extension for activities of work experience until October 2018.
The course is designed to train and form the Répétiteurs in various specializations: maestro di sala, score, stage, prompter and lighting. It is open to pianists between 18 and 30 years of age, possessing a Diploma or Academic Diploma of the I or II level in piano.
The application must be accompanied by the following documentation:
- digital photograph half-body
- digital photograph full-length
- scan of your ID or passport
- letters of reference from prominent figures in the music world
Maggio Musicale Fiorentino Academy - Opera di Firenze
Piazzale Vittorio Gui, 1
50144 Firenze, Italy
T: +39 055 2779335
- One short piano piece of your choice (maximum 10 min.)
- Mozart - The Marriage of Figaro (Finale of Act Two) - piano performancefrom Allegro assai, "Voi signor che giusto siete" (entrance of Marcellina, Basilio and Bartolo) to the end of the act, with prompting of the vocal parts.
- Sight reading of opera excerpts from the Italian operatic repertoire.
- Rossini - The Barber of Seville (recitativo secco), with prompting of the vocal parts.The recitative, chosen by the candidate, must include at least two characters.
- Puccini - La Bohème (Act I) - piano performance with direction.
Login to manage your competition